New Delhi: The Reserve Bank will shortly issue new Rs 50 banknotes in the Mahatma Gandhi Series, bearing signature of RBI Governor Urjit R Patel.
“The new note has motif of Hampi with Chariot on the reverse, depicting the country’s cultural heritage. The base color of the note is light sky Blue. The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall color scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
Front Side of Note:
Backside Side of Note:
Reserve Bank said that in the earlier series Note 50 will continue to be legal tender.
Salient Features of new Rs 50 note
Dimension of the banknote will be 66 mm x 135 mm.
1. See through register with denominational numeral 50,
2. Denominational numeral ५० is in Devnagari,
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi in the center,
4. Micro letters ‘RBI’, ‘भारत’, ‘INDIA’ and ‘50’, are there.
5. Windowed denometalised security thread with inscriptions ‘भारत’ and RBI, letters.
6. Guarantee Clause, Governor’s signature with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait.
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right of note.
8. Mahatma Gandhi portrait and electrotype (50) watermarks.
9. Number panel with numerals growing from small to big on the top left side and bottom right side of note.
10. Year of printing on the left.
11. Swatch Bharat logo with slogan are there.
12. Language panel.
13. Motif of Hampi with Chariot.
14. Denominational numeral ५० is mentioned in Devnagari.